Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear Friend

Good Morning,

Today's post is a birthday card.  It does not have a cupcake or candles or bright birthday colors, but it is a birthday card.  I made this card for a dear friend.  Her birthday fell right in the middle of our big ice/snowstorm, therefore we were a little late celebrating with her.  However, last Saturday night we got together with a bunch of old friends for the celebration.  Of course, I got to the party, and then realized I had left her gift and card at home.  That is pretty much how life goes on at my house, but oh well---we will get together later this week or next and her birthday will be celebrated yet again.

Soooo, here's the non-traditional birthday card!  As you can tell I am really into the embossing folders and my Big Shot.  I simply love my Big Shot.  I could not live without it.

RECIPE:
             Paper:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, &
                          Pink Pirouette Card Stock
             Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, &
                    Versamark
             Stamp Sets:  Notably Ornate &
                                  Tiny Tags
             Embossing:  Black Stampin' Emboss
                                   Powder, Embossing
                                   Buddy, & Heat Tool
             Ribbon:  Victoria Crochet Trim &
                             11/4 inch Pink Piroutette
                             Grossgrain (retired, but
                             still on the clearance rack)
             Tools:  Big Shot & Vintage Wallpaper
                          Embossing Folder
             Adhesives:  Snail & Stampin' Dimensionals

I hope you find some inspiration from this card.  Don't forget to call me if you have any questions or would like to place an order.

Happy Stampin',

Janice