Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Scrapbooking and Love Letter DSP

After many days of agonizing over the process of posting some pictures of my work, I have finally taken the plunge.  I definitely have lots to learn about photographing my work, editing my work, and posting my work.  I am afraid the pictures are not great, but hang with me as I learn how to do this.  A special thank you to my husband for his help with uploading, editing, and posting the pictures.

Today's post is of 2 scrapbook pages I recently completed.  I had a workshop a few weeks ago and Darlene, the sweet hostess, asked me to demonstrate how to scrapbook using paper piecing.  Paper piecing is my favorite way to scrapbook.  It is the way I originally learned to scrap, thus my favorite.  I love the SU Designer Series Papers (DSP), and couldn't wait to use some of the new DSP. 

The pictures are my dauther's engagment pictures taken in early 2009.  Her wedding was last October, so it was about time I did something with some of these pics.  The new Love Letter DSP was just the inspiration I needed to get me started.  I love black and white pictures, and the Love Letter DSP worked great with the B&W prints.  Also, red was one of her wedding colors, so the Riding Hood Red cardstock was the perfect choice for a little pop of color.

How about that BLING!!!! She has even more bling now with her wedding band!!

RECIPE:  Stamp Set:  Artisitc Etchings
             DSP:  Love Letter
             Cardstock:  Riding Hood Red
                             Basic Black
                             Very Vanilla
             Ink:  Riding Hood Red
             Punches:  1 3/4 inch circle punch
             Other:  Stampin Dimensionals
                        to pop up the medallion

Have a fantastic Thursday and let me know what you think of my blog!

Happy Stampin',

Janice