Thursday, August 5, 2010

Necessity is the mother of invention...

I think I am going to like blogging, and uploading photos is getting easier each time I upload.  However, the big problem is my lack of current SU supplies.  As many of you know, SU did a major Color Renovation when the new Idea Book and Catalog came out July 1.  They also retired many stamp sets and accessories.  What with those 2 things and me being in a little hiatus last year due to my daughter's wedding, I am sadly lacking current papers, inks, stamps, etc.  Therefore, the name of today's post.  I am having to dig deep to find current items and substitute inks, etc. 

All this scrambling has caused me to think in a different direction than I usually do.  I named my blog True Elegance because that is my style.  I am very classic in the way I create, decorate my home, and dress.  The current popular "hot" colors are not necessarily my favorites. You know lime, orange, yellow---what I call the citrus colors.  Well today's card is all of those colors with a little of my favorite red and blue thrown in for good measure.  I really feel out on a limb with this card, and would love to hear what you think of this creation.  I am not sure how I feel about the creation, but here it is:

I tried taking my picture outside today.  I think it turned out a little better, but I thought I would melt before I finished.  I will be glad for some cooler weather in 6 weeks or so.

RECIPE:  Stamps--Friends Never Fade
                 Card Stock--Pacific Point, Poppy Parade,Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango,Whisper White
                 Ink--Pacific Point, Old Olive
                 Other--Stampin Dimensionals

The second thing I have to show you today are some Decor' Elements.  I placed these on my front glass door a few weeks ago with the help of my son, Jonathan.  The picture has some reflections of my yard in it, but I think you can tell what it looks like.  I really enjoy seeing my front door as I drive up to my house.  The circle is the Together Forever Circle Frame.  The letter "L" has been retired, however there is now a prettier alphabet available.  This set of alphabet letter is called Decorative Monogram Alphabet and each letter can be purchased individually. 

I hope you enjoy today's post.

Happy Stampin',

Janice