Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TIMES 2

I hope each of you have had a wonderful day, and have been able to share it with your family and friends.  To our family, Valentine's Day is not just a time for lovey dovey, but also a day to show our children how much they are loved too.  Every year we get them candy and a special card.  This is the same thing my mom did for my sister, brother, and I.  It is a great family tradition, and one I hope my children will continue with their families one day.

Today is also a day to remember how much our Lord loves us too.  "For God so loved the world, that he gave us His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"  John 3:16.  He gave His one and only Son to die on the cross for our sins.  That is the true definition of love--the ultimate sacrifice for us.

Now on to the Valentine's Day cards I finally got around to making this afternoon.  They are similar in layout, yet very different.

The first is a card I made for my son to give his sweet girlfriend, Shelby.  She is a sweet girl, and she loves purple.  I chose Concord Crush for her card.  The new Stampin' Up! Color Coach suggested I pair Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz with the Concord Crush.  I did so, and then found out that orange is another of Shelby's favorite colors.  I hope she liked her card!


RECIPE:  Paper-Concord Crush, Peach Parfait,
                         Pear Pizzazz,
                         Whisper White Card stock
               Ink-Concord Crush & Pear Pizzazz Pads
               Stamps-Be My Valentine
               Tools-Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots &
                         Framed Tulips Embossing Folders
               Embellishments-Whisper White Organza
                                         Ribbon, Regals Buttons,
                                         Sherbet Buttons(retired)
               Adhesives-Snail & Stampin' Dimensionals

The next card is the one I made for my dear husband.  Last August we celebrated 30 years of marriage.  WOO HOO!!!  I can't believe we have been married that long.  His card is turned to go up and down, where Shelby's goes side to side.  They are not the same layout, but I definitely used hers as a prototype for his.  ENJOY!
RECIPE:  Paper-Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, &
                         Very Vanilla Card stock
                Ink-Cherry Cobbler
                Stamps-Be My Valentine &
                           Wonderful Words (retired)
                Tools-Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots &
                         Framed Tulips Embossing Folders

It is good to be back to the blogging world!!! Hold me accountable to continue posting several times each week.


Happy Valentine's Day,

Janice