Monday, August 16, 2010

Many things. . . .

Today has been very busy.  I had to drive Jonathan, my youngest non-driving teen, to and from several places this afternoon.  I had no errands to run, so it was just the back and forth sort of time killing kind of driving.  I live just far enough out of town for this to be a pain, but at least I got some quality time talking with Jon. 

I was busy over the weekend making 80 little mini-clipboards.  They are so cute.  I saw this idea on Angie Juda's blog http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/  a couple of years ago.  I have made many of these in the last couple of years.  I have used them as stocking stuffers at Christmas, to go in a gift basket full of goodies, as a little thank you gift for a workshop hostess, a little "just because" gift to many friends, and as a Make-n-Take at my most recent workshop.

The 80 clipboards I made this weekend will be used as little gifts at a women's retreat I will be attending in September.  I made them in different colors, since the ladies will be divided into smaller groups at the retreat.  I think they make the perfect little something for that special someone.  I have even made them with masculine paper for the guys in my life. 





RECIPE:  4-inch rectangular coasters:  I found these on the Internet, but can't remember where
                 Sticky notes and clips:  Wal Mart
                Paper:  Stampin' Up!:  Retired
                Ribbon:  Stampin' Up!:  Retired, but you could use any of the current ribbons that match your choice of current paper
                Stamp:  Refuge and Strength
               Ink:  SU Concord Crush

My summer is winding quickly to an end as school begins on Monday.  Actually, Jon is a manager for the football team, so our summer ended 2 weeks ago when football practice began.  It ended with a big bang as Jon had to be at the school at 5:45 A.M. for the last 2 weeks.  The coaches are trying to beat this August heat in Texas by practicing early in the morning.   This week practice is in the afternoon, since the teachers have workshops all week.  What a blessing to be able to grab one more week of sleeping in a little. 

Happy Stampin' and see you tomorrow with a shower invitation I made last week,

Janice