Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shower Invitations

Today's post is a very simple, yet elegant, shower invitation I was hired to do last week.  My dear friend, Pam, was in charge of getting shower invitations out for a wedding shower she is helping host.  The day she was going to work on the invitations, she woke up with terrible vertigo.  She has never had vertigo, and has no idea what caused this problem, but she had a terrible bout with it last week.  Thankfully, she is fine now. 

We had talked a few weeks ago about the shower invitations, and I was just going to help her with them.  Once she became so ill, I told her I would take care of them for her.  I had to work fast, and use only the supplies I had on hand, but the reward was worth the effort. 

The wedding is not until sometime this winter, and it is in Mexico, but the bride lives in California and Labor Day weekend is going to be her only visit to her home state of Texas before the wedding.  YIKES!!!!  The shower committee has once chance to bless her, and hopefully they will. 

The only thing she told the hostesses was that she was using the blue and orange colors in a Bird of Paradise flower.  I searched the Internet to be sure I knew what those colors were, and then the search through my stacks of card stock was on.  I was happy with what I came up with, as was Pam, but not all of the invitations are exactly alike.  There were two versions, and I like both, but now my Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, and Pacific Point card stock is virtually gone.  I also had to use some retired Cameo Coral, but thankfully I loved that color and had stocked up before it was gone forever. 


RECIPE FOR CARD ON THE LEFT:

Card stock:  Baja Breeze,  Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Poppy Parade
Stamp:  Noteworthy (retired)

RECIPE FOR CARD ON THE RIGHT:
Card stock:  Pacific Point and Cameo Coral (retired), Very Vanilla
Ink:  Poppy Parade (stamped off and then applied to the card)
Stamp:  Noteworthy (retired)

This is the same format I used for my daughter's wedding invitation last fall.  Her colors were chocolate chip and ruby red.  The invitation was a 6X6 piece of chocolate chip, layered on top of that were the ruby red and very vanilla.  I stamped the little Noteworthy swirl in ruby red. 

Have a great Hump Day tomorrow,

Janice